Please review and manage the Cookie settings below. Apart from 'Strictly necessary cookies', you can change other cookie settings if present, at any time by clicking the 'Cookie Settings' link in the footer of the page.
Strictly necessary cookies:
Necessary for enabling core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. This cannot be turned off.
Urban Forests are continuous networks of trees and vegetation in our streets, parks, gardens in open space and private yards. Urban forests have wide ranging benefits including:
- providing shade and reducing effects of urban heat
- enhancing health and wellbeing
- providing oxygen and absorbing carbon dioxide
- contributing to amenity and Toowoomba's 'garden city' image
- Encouraging people outdoors to be active
- providing habitat for urban wildlife
- enhancing a local sense of place and raising property values.