- Images must be in JPEG format
- Images must be at least 2000 pixels on the longest edge.
- Individual images must be no larger than 5MB.
- Images must be colour photograph, not black and white.
- Please do not include watermarks or other branding on your images.
- Image file must be named using the following format:
- “Photographer Name_Location photo was taken_L for landscape category or U for Urban character category_Year photo was taken”
- e.g. Arthur Stewart_Picnic Point_L_2020
- Image file names should not include unusual characters e.g. ©, @, #, $, &, *
- Images must not contain any inappropriate or unlawful content, or breach any laws of Australia by reason of the taking or sharing of the image.
Prizes to be won
There will be two prizes per category
1st Prize: Mastercard prepaid gift card to the value of $200
2nd Prize: Mastercard prepaid gift card to the value of $50
Winners will be selected based on both the artistic merit of the photo and how well the image celebrates the natural and urban landscape values of the region at the sole discretion of Toowoomba Regional Council.
|Landscape||Images should showcase the unique natural and rural landscapes of the Toowoomba Region.||First prize ($200); Runner up ($50)|
|Urban character and/or built heritage||Images should showcase the unique built and heritage character elements of the Toowoomba Region.||First prize ($200); Runner up ($50)|
NOTE: Prepaid gift cards provide a convenient, safe alternative to cash prizes. The Mastercard prepaid gift card can be used wherever Mastercard is accepted.
Who can enter?
Residents of the Toowoomba Regional Council area and those who visit the region are encouraged to submit their favourite photos of places they love. All entrants must be over the age of 18 years.
Professional and amateur photographers are encouraged to enter.
Councillors, Council employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
If you find that one or more of your images has not uploaded correctly, please email us at email@example.com
Images may be processed in post-production to adjust photographic variables such as cropping, noise, sharpness, colour, tone and contrast, including dodging and burning. Black and white conversions are not permitted. Lens and perspective corrections and minor cloning to remove distractions are allowed. Images must be single capture, not composites, with the following exceptions: stitched panoramas, focus stacks and HDR images (In these cases multiple images may be captured at the same location and merged to form a single image).
Uploaded images may be shared on Council's website and social media channels.
Terms and conditions
1. The Terms and Conditions set out below and the Entry Form provide the full terms and conditions of the Photographic Competition.
2. The organiser of this competition is the Toowoomba Regional Council ABN 99 788 305 360, PO Box 3021, Toowoomba, Queensland 4350 Australia.
3. A person who enters the competition is called an “Entrant”.
4. Submitting an entry in this Photographic Competition will be taken to mean that the Entrant has read, and agrees to be bound by, all of the terms and conditions of this Photographic Competition, warrants that any entry which is submitted complies with all legal obligations including, but not limited to, obligations arising out of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is eligible to enter the Photographic Competition.
5. This Photographic Competition commences at 10.00am on Monday 30 November and closes at midnight on Friday 29 January 2021 (Australian Eastern Standard Time).The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Toowoomba Regional Council.
Eligibility To Enter This Photographic Competition
6. To be eligible to enter this Photographic Competition, an Entrant must:
Entry To This Photographic Competition
7. This competition is not a game of chance.
8. To enter, the Entrant must submit a completed Entry Form and the files containing the photographs electronically via the Toowoomba Regional Council website at www.yoursay.tr.qld.gov.au/love-your-local-landscapes before midnight on Friday 29 January 2021 (Australian Eastern Standard Time). Postal entries will not be accepted and incomplete or non-compliant entry forms may not, in the sole discretion of Toowoomba Regional Council, be accepted.
9. An entry must:
a. Be relevant to the categories of the Photographic Competition.
b. Not be distasteful, offensive, obscene, potentially defamatory or discriminatory. The Toowoomba Regional Council reserves its right to remove or exclude any entries at its sole discretion if they are deemed to be non-compliant with this requirement.
c. Comply with all laws in relation to all matters associated with taking photographs and entering this competition, including but not limited to any obligations arising out of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
d. Have, for each file containing a photograph, a file name as follows: , title of the photograph, category (L – Landscape or U - Urban), entrant’s name and date taken.. For example, if title of the photograph is “Lake Perseverance”, category is “landscape”, entrant’s name is “Joanna Smith”, and the date the photograph was taken is “2020”,, then the name of the photograph is: Lake Perseverance_L__Joanna Smith_2020.
e. Meet the specified image requirements (refer above).
f. Include an explanation of up to 100 words per photograph about how the photograph reflects the relevant theme and what the Entrant liked about the area/subject they have photographed.
g. Be available for media opportunities.
Intellectual Property Rights
10. The Entrant warrants that any photograph submitted for this Photographic Competition is the Entrant’s own work, the Entrant owns the copyright in the photograph and the photograph has not been published elsewhere, and that no other party has any moral rights in the photograph. It is the responsibility of each Entrant to ensure that any photograph they submit does not infringe the rights of any person, including but not limited to any right to privacy, copyright, moral right or any other laws.
11. The Entrant grants a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free licence to Toowoomba Regional Council (including its agents and licensees) to use, reproduce, adapt or publish the photograph without contribution including the ability to vary, enlarge or adapt the content of the photograph for use in publications, at exhibitions, social media sites and/or for any activity relating to the publicity or promotion of the Toowoomba Regional Council or the Toowoomba Regional Council area, this Photographic Competition, or any future Photographic Competition.
12. The Toowoomba Regional Council takes no responsibility for any breach of copyright or moral rights by an Entrant or any other party.
Costs, Liability and Indemnity
13. Entry to this Photographic Competition is free.
14. Toowoomba Regional Council:
a. reserves its right to limit entry or amend the terms and conditions of this Photographic Competition if considered necessary at its sole discretion without notice - no liability shall attach to the Toowoomba Regional Council as a result of such action; and
b. to the fullest extent permitted by law, excludes any liability to Entrants for any loss, damage, claim and/or expense that Entrants suffer or incur in relation to or in connection the Photographic Competition, whether the loss is suffered either directly or indirectly; and
c. accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or otherwise.
15. The Entrant is solely liable for hereby indemnifies Toowoomba Regional Council (including Council’s employees and agents) from and against all liability, actions, proceedings, claims, demands, penalties, losses, damage and expense which may be incurred by, brought against or made upon Council or its employees and agents arising out of, or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, the Photographic Competition including but not limited to:
a. the use of the photographs by the Toowoomba Regional Council; and
b. any infringement by the Entrant of any rights of any other person in respect of any photographs entered into the Photographic Competition; and
c. any breach of these Terms and Conditions of this Photographic Competition.
Judging Entries, Prizes and Winners
16. If an Entrant does not comply with any of the Photographic Competition Terms and Conditions, the judges may without giving reasons, and in their sole discretion, reject or disqualify an entry . The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winner will be notified by phone, or if unable to be reached by phone an email will be sent, by 12 February 2021.
18. Winners will be publicly announced through the media and the Toowoomba Regional Council’s website on 12 February 2021.
19. Prize categories for this Photographic Competition are:
a. Landscape Category: First Prize $200, Runner Up $50;
b. Urban character and/or built heritage category: First Prize $200 Runner Up $50.
20. The prizes as described will be available for collection from the Toowoomba Regional Council Customer Service office located at 4 Little Street, Toowoomba from the date of publication of the winners.
21. All prizes are non-transferable. If the prize is not collected from the Customer Service Centre within 10 business days from the date of notification, the prize will be reallocated to another Entrant or dealt with as is otherwise considered reasonable in the sole discretion of Toowoomba Regional Council.
22. Any Grievance will be investigated in accordance with Council’s Policy 2.52 Complaint Policy and Management framework.
23. The Toowoomba Regional Council will protect the Entrant’s right to privacy of its personal information under the Information Privacy Act 2009 and other laws. The information obtained from the Entry Form and any other associated document may be provided to agents and licensees of Toowoomba Regional Council for the purpose of the administration and conduct of this Photographic Competition, or the publicity, promotion and exhibition of the Toowoomba Regional Council or Toowoomba Regional Council area, or this Photographic Competition or any future Photographic Competition.
24. This Photographic Competition, including the Photographic Competition Terms and Conditions is governed by the laws of the State of Queensland and the Commonwealth of Australia. The Entrant submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland and federal courts of Australia.
Toowoomba Regional Council Stakeholder Engagement
Phone number: 13 18 72
All queries are to be addressed to Toowoomba Regional Council’s Stakeholder Engagement Officer, Kate Shanahan.