The construction of the Millmerran Aquatic Centre is rapidly approaching completion ahead of the summer swimming season later this year.
Finishing touches are being added to the major facilities for the site:
- The new pool has been tiled and grouting is nearing completion;
- Painting has commenced to the kiosk and change room building;
- Window installation is currently underway;
- The Splash-Pad area is nearing completion;
Once these items have been completed Council can progress with:
- Fit off of plumbing and electrical fixture;
- Prepping and pouring of the concrete concourse surrounding the pool;
Council are also excited to announce that Tenders are currently out for a pool operator to manage multiple aquatic and sporting facilities across the region, including the Millmerran Aquatic Centre. This will help to ensure that the centre is staffed and ready for opening, and that it is run in a way that can meet the needs of its customers into the future.