Future consultation opportunities
- Framework for our Future - first half of 2022. Have your say on how future development in our Region is managed. The Framework for our Future draws together a vast wealth of knowledge from previous feedback so that new development across our Region can contribute to realising our vision of being a vibrant, inclusive and liveable Region.
- Greening Toowoomba
- Talking Towns – October and November 2021. How your town is planned, including street design, building design, town centres and much more. Our Toowoomba Design Framework survey has now closed.
- Toowoomba Region Growth Plan – October and November 2021. How our Region grows over the next 30 years. As part of the Toowoomba Region Growth Plan project, Council has prepared two potential options for consideration in accommodating future growth. The Toowoomba Region Growth Plan Project survey is now closed.
The Region belongs to all of us so let's be part of planning for its future!
Creating our future together
Nestled on the edge of the Great Dividing Range, the Toowoomba Region is truly a spectacular place to live, work, play and visit. We’re a Region of rich agriculture, historic towns and diverse landscapes. Vibrant, family-friendly and full of opportunity, it’s no surprise that our population is likely to grow by more than 55,000 over the next 30 years.
We’re building a community of the future. It’s important that we plan the services and facilities we’ll need as our Region grows. This means planning new infrastructure like roads, water and waste services and facilities like libraries, swimming pools and parks. We also need to work together to protect the landscapes we love and the lifestyle we hold dear.
Toowoomba Region Futures is about building a community vision for our Region’s future. This shared vision will help ensure our vibrant Region thrives for the next 30 years and beyond. It will help us:
- define what land can be used for, e.g. housing, farming or industry
- control how land can be developed, e.g. converting an office into a retail shop
- identify infrastructure like water, sewerage and transport networks needed to support existing and emerging communities
- protect our natural, rural and urban landscapes and areas of cultural significance.
Toowoomba Region Futures will develop a new Toowoomba Region Planning Scheme, a Growth Plan and a Toowoomba Region Infrastructure Plan. To find out more about these initiatives, check out our frequently asked questions section.
We'd love to hear from you
We’re a Region of many places and communities, each with its own unique character and identity. Toowoomba Region Futures is about understanding the needs and aspirations of all our communities. The Region belongs to all of us so let’s all be part of planning for its future.
There are many ways to get involved and have your say from 2021-2024. Opportunities to get involved will be listed on this page so please check in regularly.
Find out more
For further information, please check out our frequently asked questions or contact Council on 131 872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.